Tuesday 24 November 2015

June 6th Day 1 at RVI

So there I am.  Sitting in the quiet room with an enormous headache.  Waiting...   For a doctor.   Or anyone who cares!  I am sitting patiently, but my head feels ready to literally explode.  I have zero idea of what is happening to me and care even less.  It feels dreadful.

I wait, wait, wait for hours.  It seems ages until a doctor comes to see me, but eventually someone does come along.  Now I am not going to get this very correct as I have a massive bout of confusion, so will need to check with Pam.

I think, after waiting for 4-5 hours I saw someone who was interested.  I am like a random person in the hospital, just wanting someone to make me feel better.  It isn't the greatest feeling you can have but you just want someone to make you feel ok again.  Well it doesn't always work quite like that, and this time it really didn't.  I was suffering and they weren't 100% sure what was wrong with me.  They knew it wasn't more tumour (I think) but what could it be?  Well, they needed to run some tests to be more sure.  However, on a Saturday AM there aren't as many doctors around and it's all a bit of a wait around.  A few nurses did come to see me, but didn't make much progress.  Eventually, later in the PM  a weekend registrar came to take a look and he did a few procedures, including taking a sample from the swelling (I think).  He sent it for analysis and said he'd come back and let me know what it showed.  Finally, some progress although not loads!!  I think he put me on steroids too but will need to check that too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment