Thursday 3 December 2015

Week 1 at RVI, June 6-12, 2015

So, a whole week at the RVI and no release date yet.  So what is going on?
Well, it appears I have an infection in my head which has caused
1. Massive confusion
2. Weird reactions and conversations
3. General strangeness!




So what are they doing about it? Well, not exactly loads it seems but I have been moved around a few times now and will be staying a while longer.   This wouldnt be 100% accurate as I am sitting at home, some 5 months later, trying to recall a story that I am not really sure about!

But, let's try anyway!  So after week 1 at the RVI they have managed to do some tests on me and decided to do an operation today.  I get moved to the main suit where they will operate, which is interesting as they make me walk there!  Hey ho, guess that's a good thing!

I go through the usual preparation and they get me ready for a bone flap removal and general wash out!  All interesting stuff, which I hope you like!  The reason for the bone flap removal is that they think it could be infected and as it is fully disconnected from my skull, they cannot treat it with IV fluids, so it has to come out!  Strange when you think about it but I guess it makes sense!!

So that is phase 1 complete, although I have no idea how long it takes... Not as long as a full removal I don't think.  So, I get moved to a ward for recovery which is where it all gets a bit interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment