Thursday 30 April 2015

Wed 30 Apr 2014: Clinic Day

Ok, so back again and this time it's a fairly fast zap followed by a fairly long wait to see my nursing team.  They are over worked and, depending on your politics, underpaid.  But this isn't a political blog so we'll move on.

When I am finally seen they are totally happy with my progress (Day 3 of 30).  Bloods are all good and showing no signs of a bad reaction to the radio or chemo.  We chatted a bit about hair-loss (something to look forward to in a week or so!).  I had never actually twigged that the beam goes straight through your head, although it does make sense really doesn't it.  When I tell people that they all say, "ohhh yeas, of course!" 

Anyway, then you are spat out of the system to get on with trying to live.  I've been popping in to the office but I can't really do much useful!  It's about 15-20 minutes to the Freeman Hospital from the office and the traffic isn't too bad.  So it's good holding point and I spend a bit of time with the staff recounting my tales!!  I like it.  And it works as therapy for me (sorry if I bored anyone too much)!!!

Oh, and I still can't drive which is getting old already!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment