Saturday 11 April 2015

Wed 9 Apr 2014: The fitting

I never really mentioned why I was having this mould made did I?  Well, it is to hold you still during the radiotherapy, which is really important as it keeps you in the exact same position every time.

So, today I returned for the final fitting which involves lying on the bed into the back shell, then having the front shell fitted over the top, and then fitting the legs which click it down to the bed.  In effect, you are sandwiched to the treatment bed.

The first fitting is pretty interesting to as the technician presses really hard onto the shell whilst they heat glue the legs in place.  And at this point there were no eye holes!  Apparently, lots of people choose not to have them, which surprised me!  I opted to have them put in, figuring that it would none easier to have them so I had the option, and I a so glad that I did!  It made it so much more bearable, although you are 100% incapacitated!

Final fitting, but no eye holes yet!


And that's it really, the legs are being glued on, and a couple of eyeholes made and the shell is good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment