Saturday 14 March 2015

Fri 14 Mar 2014: Chicken sandwich

When I came round from the operation my vision was all over the place.  I thought I medley that it was a side effect and there seemed to be genuine concern.  The went and brought the surgeon through and he thought it would settle, which after 30 minutes it did.  Recovery is like production line, as it support 6 nuro-surgery operating theatre.  You get put in a very small cubicle and they gradually move you towards the doors!

I was overtaken but some faster beds as I was not firing on all cylinders.  The upshot was that after a 4 hour operation, it was now past 6pm on a Friday evening in an NHS hospital.  It doesn't matter how amazing the facilities are, it's still Friday evening!  Not much moves over the weekend and I was about tonged stuck on the conveyor belt as it was wound down for the weekend.

As don't think mine had as much chicken in it!


Eventually there was a space in HDU for me.  I was wheels through and was very soon greeted by Pam, which was brilliant.  I was also greeted with the offer of a chicken sandwich that I jumped at having not eaten for almost a day.  No sooner had I taken a bite but I had to put it down so they could do their observations!  And if you think they do them a lot on the ward, welcome to observation central!

I was hooked up with about 4 different cannula in both arms, including constant blood pressure, heart rate and all the other things which make the machine go "bing" fairly regularly!  It was a bit of a struggle to actually pick the sandwich up, but once I was allowed to it became the best tasting chicken sandwich in the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment