Sunday 1 March 2015

Sat 1 Mar 2014: First trip to A&E

I I've been to the Emergency Department plenty of times over the years, both for myself, and with family and friends.  It's never the quickest experience, so I wouldn't normally go unless I really had to!  Saturday was one of those days when I knew I should, and my wife was nagging me to go, but I couldn't face it!  Having been in bed all day yesterday, night and day had become one.  Looking back I was a bit disoriented but didn't realise it.  Eventually, I conceded and Pam took me to the RVI in Newcastle.

It was busy.  Saturday, late afternoon, and even the triage took getting on for an hour.  Then it was just a short two and a half hour wait to be seen.  When I did eventually get called through, the junior member of the team did the usual observations, including a urine dip test, but could really find anything wrong.  But she knew I was ill and sent me off home with a prescription for a water infection!  As I left she said to come back if I still felt ill in a day or two!


I thought I'd show you it empty!


So four hours later and I have a packet of trimethoprim tablets for the next 3 days! Oh, and still a poorly head!


No comments:

Post a Comment