Saturday 14 March 2015

Fri 14 Mar: Operation day...

It's quite a big operation that I am set to have.  Never having been to theatre before I have little idea what to expect!  I waited in the ward, having not eaten since my cheeky biscuit before bed!  I was hungry but not allowed to eat or drink!  Except I had pills to take and the nursing staff on the ward said a mouthful of coke to wash then down would be fine!  Not so!  When I was being prepped in the anesthetic room, the technician was horrified to hear I'd drunk some coke!  Apparently it's like food and can cause issues!  Well, how was I to know and the nurse said it would ok.  "Who told you that, what did she look like, I'm going to have words...."  Then she injected me with something and it was goodnight time!


No comments:

Post a Comment