Wednesday 18 March 2015

Mon 17 Mar 2014: Home sweet home

Well the squeezer squeezed all night! First one leg, then the other. And repeat...  Going to the toilet in the night involved a bit of a carry on to remove them, waddle to the loo, then refit!  Of course the pump unit didn't like that very much and it went into alarm mode a few times!  Not that anybody came to see if I was alright though!!  Apart from toilet breaks, I managed a decent nights sleep but I really needed the bed adjusted with my head slightly raised.  Until I did that I couldn't get comfortable at all.  Hmm, may need to get something equivalent for home!

My good old friend Stuart from university days, came to see me today.  It was so great to see him and he burst into the room in his usual 'larger than life' way.  He came up from London especial which was amazing of him.  He only stayed an hour and he was gone again!  That's his style but it didn't matter as it was brilliant to see him.

Pam came in at the same time too.  I think they'd met in the cafe for a briefings of my slightly unusual looks!  Whilst she was there the nurses said I could go home that afternoon, as long as the surgeon was happy.  He'd been to see me and did a double take when he saw my eye!  He was surprised and a bit embarrassed but also unconcerned as that sort of thing does happen from time to time!

After a bit of a wait for drugs to be dispensed (again) I was finally released into the wild sometime after lunch.  I was to return on Friday to get the results from the lab about what had been removed!

It was strange walking to the car and I could feel my right foot wasn't working quite right.  It was kind of "plonking" as I put it down.  I put it down to having been immobile for several days and didn't think much of it, although I was slightly concerned that my brain may have been damaged in the operation.  The plinking last about a week or two but cleared up fully eventually!

Once back home it really was a case of right, what do I do now!

No comments:

Post a Comment