Wednesday 4 March 2015

Wed 5 Mar 2014: Can I have a feel please?!

Today I am due a full-body CT scan, and as I am woken at 6.15am by the nurses, who have actually been waking me every 2 hours for blood pressure, temperature, etc, I assume I must be first on the list!  Breakfast is actually pretty good and I eat it all.  The steroids are making me starving, and it's great to have an appetite back again.

After breakfast I have a shower and get ready to go for my scan.  By 7.30am I am sitting waiting, so I start to read.  Pam bought me a copy of F1 magazine and it's good to have time to read it in detail.  The bus drivers are up for their tar bath,  which sounds foul, but seems to work well for them.  That's all that they have to do for the day, so when they are finished they come back to the ward to get ready, for nothing!  
This is the front cover of the F1 I was reading.

Brian gives me a paper to read as he has bought 3!  We pass them between us as if we are at the gentlemens club.  Only we are reading quality like The Sun, Mail and Mirror!!  I return to F1 and the time ticks by!  Eventually the porter arrives and takes me for the scan.

"Breathe in... Hold your breath... ... ... Breathe normally" as the scanner bed moves me through the machine.  If you've never had a CT scan it is quite a performance.  As usual I was injected with a highlighter dye to help them see any dodgy areas deep within!  

I don't have to wait long for the results to come back, which don't show any other tumour sites.  Phew.  However, to double check the multi-million pound technology the doctor comes in and asks for a feel!! I stand there, arms out, pants down, and he has a right old rummage around!  Thankfully, he can't find anything either, so I get dressed and go back to my magazine!

Less than an hour later I am surprised when a different doctor comes and asks for a feel too!  I tell him that someone just had a rummage and he accepts that and disappears again!

The way lunch and dinner work, is that you order the day before, so today I am getting what I wanted, rather than what the last person in the bed fancied!  But I have no idea what I had.  I've got to say that all the food was pretty good though so I have no complaints.

Various doctors come and go, and they are talking about doing a biopsy tomorrow.  They are also talking about building me up for an operation.  I need to find out more which I eventually do... Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment