Thursday 19 March 2015

Tues 18 Mar 2014: Big feed

Back at home, in my own bed, and it feels good.  One of the challenges I face is that I've lost weight since falling ill and need to build myself back up again, so breakfast consists of cereal, poached egg on toast, actimel, fruit juice, toast and marmalade, coffee and a clementine!  All made for me by Pam, every morning, and delivered to my bed!  Yum, although the steroids I am on are making things taste odd!

Losing weight had been my challenge for 2014 but now I feel weak and need to put weight on!  You can't win can you!

The other thing that I have to do is wear the surgical stockings.  For 6 weeks, day and night.  They gave me two pairs - one to wash and one to wear!  They aren't the sexiest of stockings, but, as a well behaved patient, I do as I am told!

It wasn't as painful as you might think!


The only time I remove them is to go in the bath!  I have always been a shower man but I am not allowed to get the wound wet!  I have however decided to remove the plaster to let the air get to the wound, which is healing fast.

The bath is amazing and Pam helps me wash my hair properly for the first time.  It feels awesome although I am paranoid about the water running into the wound and hold a flannel firmly against it to keep it dry.

Breakfast in bed!


After the bath, I got dressed and put on my support stockings again.  Mmmm gorgeous.  And that was the about it for the day.  I remember the sun shining and sitting in the sun room, chatting to Pam.  I don't remember who else called but my sister Rebecca was on the phone to see how I was doing fairly regularly.  That's one of the brilliant things about being ill, is that it brings lots of people back into your life.  Rebecca has been brilliant throughout everything and has been "point of contact" throughout all my treatment.

The get well cards started to arrive thick and fast too.  As word spread about my condition loads of people sent their wishes.  Pam was also keeping people up to date on Facebook so was continually updating me on messages.  Of course, she had to do that, as all my communications devices had been condfiscated!  No iPhone, no iPad, no laptop, no nothing!  I had been well and truly forced to rest and all temptation to work had been removed!  Work would have to look after itself I was told!!



No comments:

Post a Comment