Thursday 12 March 2015

Thu 13 Mar 2014: Planning scan

JI think I may have mentioned that the hospital day starts very early! I was up and ready by 7am as they wanted to change my bed. Once again breakfast was good and I knew I wouldn't be getting any food at all after midnight!

Do not feed this man! He has eaten enough!!

I feel like I know the ropes having been in last week, and I occupy myself until I go for the scan.  Not very exciting really, same dye injection, in and out inside 30 minutes.  After the scan I was visited by several people including Mr Holliman's senior registrar, all togged up in theatre greens and overcoat.  She explained the operation to me again and asked me to sign my life away.  There were all sorts of possible side effects of surgery including death!  I guess that's normal but it does make you stop and think.  Do I say goodbye just in case? What about all these projects I'd never got round to finishing?  How will everyone be when I'm gone?  I hadn't even got a will, which is a bit of an oversight!  However, I had spoken to my solicitor who'd assured me everything would be fine, and that he would sort the mess out later!

The rest of the day was the usual routine.  A man, waiting quietly to have his head opened!  Happens all the time!!  Better check his temperature again.... And again.... And again!!

I had the meals I'd chosen from the day before, but there wasn't much point selecting tomorrow's delicacy as I wouldn't be having it!  Nil by mouth from midnight!  I had a cheeky biscuit before bed!  And I actually slept.  The fear of the unknown replaced by the desire to get on with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment