Monday 23 March 2015

Sat 22 Mar 2014: Rebecca and Richard come to visit

Weekends don't make much difference when you are signed off from work,  but it does mean that other people can come to visit more easily.


My sister Rebecca has been amazing throughout my illness.  We have been in touch so much more than we used to be, including at least 4 visits.  This time she came up with Richard and stayed at a local hotel.  They arrived in time for lunch and we sat eating and chatting for a few hours!  We did manage to get out for a gentle stroll which was my first walk of any distance.  2km through the village and back was enough for me and it was quite hard work.  I was slow, through lack of exercise and the effects of the anaesthetic, but I enjoyed it.  My plinking right foot was still a bit strange but it wasn't any worse.  It felt great to be doing normal things again, the sun is shinning and it feels quite spring-like, and I am alive!

Rebecca, or Becks, and Richard (I won't share his pet name!!!) left to go to their hotel where they were eating that night.  It seemed strange for them to be leaving as they'd normally stay with us, but they didn't want to put us to any trouble on their account.  And I think they were secretly looking forward to a nice meal and then hotel cooked breakfast!!!

Vegetarian of course!



No comments:

Post a Comment